It must have been a Month ago that I started in on a new jacket sloper (what you call a basic pattern in the Biz, just sayin...) and I have finally gotten around to putting it to good use.
Due to some recent fabric organizing, I've been able to find new hope and lust for fabrics I thought once gone and lost. Like a bold yellow plaid and a docile fuchsia ripstop I have no idea why I bought in the first place. I made some piping with the ripstop using, I think, 1/8th" cord and cutting on the bias so it would move better when sewn around corners.
I copied the hood from a favorite comfy sweatshirt I had lying around and mounted it in place of a collar. after stitching the piping around the zippered edge I sewed in the lining, checked for fit, and sewed up the cuffs. Simple, really; except for the part about lining up the back piped seams with the sleeve piped seams, that was a bear.
|First the outside fabric, then the piping, finally the zipper.|
|Love the curve around the edge of the hood.|
In the end, the pattern isn't the best I've made, and will most likely have a few more rounds of styles before I'm happy with a consistent sloper (see above) to add to my permanent collection.